Thursday, March 25, 2010

Too young

Baby Face and I meet on a trip where we were both visiting mutual friend. The whole time we all went out, he kept asking my friend, "Will she date me?When my friend told me I was like: "His too young!"

We talked again when we got to Miami and I thought what the hell, a girls got to eat. Literally, I was hungry.
Michaels Genuine,I thought, everyone loves that place, what's not to like. So if I am going to meet with Baby Face, let me tell him to take me where men take a woman on a date. We were both make in Miami, what the hell, he might be too young but what did I have to lose.

Lesson: Men should take you on dates and I am sorry, that is the way it is. Maybe after 10 years of being married they take you to PF Changs or Flannigan's, but when you start going out, they should take you out on a date! PS: I love PF Changs and Flannigan's and have some good stories that will be told.
Reflection: Don't be afraid to ask for what you want! And have fun.

So we meet there, I am totally taking charge. Baby Face has no idea what was happening. We meet for lunch (which is another whole thing, if are going on a date, a real date, don't do lunch.) I had made the reservation and he didn't seem to care. They sat us down close to the kitchen and the waiter ask us if we are going to want the wine menu. I said yes and right away the waiter gives it to me. Even he knew I was wearing the pants here people!

Baby Face was not dumb and knew what to order and how to pronounce it. We ordered the Kimchi with crushed peanuts and thick cut potatoes! Very good. The view was good, he was handsome and I could watch the others in the restaurant. I tired my best to also talk about what he liked to do, he went on and on about his job. He came from a good family and worked in the family business. He tired to sound mature. Poor Baby Face, what did he really have much to talk about . But as he told me story about college, which had been like a year before, I was enjoying my wine and Short Rib and Fontina Cheese Panini. I asked him to order Grilled Bershire Pork Chops and tried it, we both liked it.

The waiter come with the bill and went straight to Baby Face. I might have been wearing the pants but the waiter knew who was paying, at the end we were on a date.

You might not be laughing to much about this story but the moral is, sometimes you know a date wont be anything to write about, but pick a place where food was really good! Make the best of the situation and eat well!

I hear the brunch is great. Maybe I can find Baby Face's number and give him a ring.

http://www.michaelsgenuine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment