Thursday, March 25, 2010

Nothing to talk about

Have you every be on a date and realized that if you didn't talk, their would be no conversation?

I like PF Changs. I do. I never have a bad meal and it's the same each time. Love the lettuce wraps. The Sweet and Sour soup too. But when I go there or any where, I like good company!
Manchild Manchild and I go to PF Changs. I can't tell you how many people are waiting for a table. I see two openings at the bar and suggest, "let's sit at the bar."No conversation while we stood by the host. At least at the bar I would be sitting and drinking algo.

PS: Manchild Manchild, did not understand what going on a date was. This was the best I was going to do. So I took it.
Lesson: You can do better
Reflection: You can do better

For some reason, I had noticed that Manchild Manchild had no conversation. Very limited, either about very man things or very child like things. So that day when he picked me up in his Manchild car, I thought, "what if I don't talk at all tonite...?" "Will he have something to say." "Maybe since I talk a lot, he was not being allowed to be himself and tell stories, express himself?"
NOPE! He was just bla...Thank God for TV's at the bar! Thank God for WIne!

As I sat there, hoping to hear him talk and say something...anything....i just sipped on my wine and watched soccer.
The food was good, a set menu, which was great. Called PF Change for Two: http://www.pfchangs.com/menu/

All of a sudden, I started to laugh. And turned to him and said, "If I don't talk, you have nothing to say!!" I realized, "What is wrong with me? what is wrong with this picture?"

Food can be ok like it was that night. But sometimes when the food is ok, you want the company to be great, then the food doesn't matter.

1 comment:

  1. Miss Mari, you are a brave, brave soul.

    xo,
    K

    ReplyDelete