Thursday, March 25, 2010

Starbuck date #1

Starbucks has been a place of many first dates for me. I wont event call them dates...1 hour meetings.

Hemorrhoids dude and I meet on Match.com. He looked normal in his pictures and seemed normal via email. We talked one time on the phone and it was short and we discussed out first and thank God, only meeting.
Starbucks on Lincoln Road. PS: more then one on Lincoln Road so learn about that.
Before the meeting I got a text asking me how the weather was down by Brickell. It was fine but her wanted to check the Doppler Radar. WHAT?
Sign #1 that he was weird. As i stood at the door of the Starbucks (Across from BCBG) I saw many guys I wished would be Hemorrhoids dude and lots of guys I prayed would not be him. Finally we realized we were are different Starbucks and he texted me he was coming to mine. Ladies, let them come to you. I should have made him come to my Starbucks in my hood, not his.
Finally we meet. Not like the picture, looks very skinny, looks like he needs a good meal. I don't want to date a guy skinner than me, come on! As we walked in, I had made up my mind that I wanted to leave.
So as we ordered our drinks I said..."I am going to have to leave soon. i dropped my mom at the hospital to visit a friend at Jackson and she is going to call me any minute to pick her up!" Bam! Sin pena baby!
I ordered a Passion Fruit Tea. Love that refreshing and tasty and not to many calories. I don't know what he ordered but I didn't care. Get me out.
He wanted to sit outside but all taken. I was like ok let's sit inside, he seemed annoyed. But really I was more annoyed. I was hoping anyone would call me on my phone and could say, "It's my mom, got to go!"
But nada! No love! As we talked or really he talked, I realized what good music they play at Starbucks. I think at one point I was singing along in my head to the song playing.
He discussed how expensive the beach was. Beer was expensive...bla bla bla. Cheapo! Then he told me about some friend of his that had a piercing in his pennies. Excuse me!! What!!!!!!!
Are you trying to tell me something? Why can't my mom call me!!!!??? Finally I said, "I have to go to the bathroom!" I didn't care anymore, I would think of a plan in the bathroom!
On my way to the bathroom, I thought, should I just leave? No, that's mean! Who cares...it's not like we are friends. Will never see him again. But I didn't do it. Very close but I was not raised to do such a thing:)
I came back to Hemorrhoids dude, with the phone to my ear saying..."Ok mom, see you soon." I told him, my mom just called, I am going to have to go and pick her up.
Ok, Mari why do you call him Hemorrhoids dude!? We as I was telling him I had to go to pick my mom at Jackson he started with another story...well first parking at Jackson is expensive. Thanks for the FYI.
Second, he has a friend who he had to go visit there once who have hemorrhoids! Why do you need to tell me that?? I will spare you with the details because I kind of wanted to barf.
After listening to this story, thinking, "your almost home free!!" I got up and said, "ok, I have to go."
He seemed disappointed to see me go. Ok, if you know me, I can talk! I might have said 2 things the whole time....Not me at all! How could he be disappointed?
I was ready to run to my car. But no, he wanted to walk me to my car. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I really didn't want that so 1/2 way there I was like, "ok, I don't want you to have to walk."
So I said bye and then walk faster than I had ever walked!

Lesson: If you have a bad feeling, your probably right.
Reflection: Come on God! Really!

Tip about Starbucks...get a card from there and register it! You will get lots of benefits. I am now a GOLD member!

Favorite locations:

Miracle Mile
Mary Brickell Village

No comments:

Post a Comment