Thursday, March 25, 2010

Not knowing how to pronounce what you ordered

Not knowing how to pronounce what you ordered

Manchild Manchild and I been going out for a month and 1/2 or so at this point. We had meet thru friends and it was a comfortable but not simulating dating. Reflection, he was feeling in a void for me, but not really what I wanted.
Lesson: Don't hang out with someone because you feel alone, it's better to be alone then in bad company.
So one day I went to one of my favorite pizza place in Miami...Tutto Pizza with Manchild Manchild FYI If you sit outside, you can eat from both Tutto Pasta and Tutto Pizza. We sat outside and enjoyed the Miami weather.
I love their pizza and really enjoy crust brick oven pizza, reminds me of the pizza places I went in Sao Paulo when I lived there.
One of my favorites are: Diavola - Tomato sauce, mozzarella and spice salami, Pizza al Prosciutto - Tomato sauce, prosciutto, mozzarella and arugula and Portuguesa - Tomato sauce, ham, mozzarella, black olives, eggs and onions.
So yummy! But really all the pizzas are good.
The waiters there are very friendly and speak Portuguese, Spanish and English, maybe event Italian...As I sit there with Manchild Manchild, we decide to order pizza and pasta. I pick the pizza, he picks the pasta. Easy right.!?
I tell the waiter...1/2 Diavola and 1/2 Prosciutto. I can already taste it. Wont worry about what to talk about a dinner because all I can think is PIZZA!
Now it's time for Manchild Manchild to order the pasta.How hard is it to order pasta!? Or anything really..
He ask what type of pasta do you have. Come on...really! The waiter and I seem surprised but they are so nice he gives the list.
Still puzzled with what to pick, Manchild Manchild says..."Cua forma on noki"...I was like WHAT? Waiter ask him to repeat. I wanted to dig a hole and hid. And then
after several repeating sessions...waiter says...Gnocchi Pasta ai Quattro Formaggi?
Manchild Manchild says yes and quickly gives the waiter his menu...As waiter walks away Manchild Manchild says...I order that all the time and love it.
YOU CAN'T EVENT PRONOUNCE IT! ARE YOU KIDDING ME. HOW CAN THAT BE YOUR FAVORITE ITALIAN DISH!?!
If you had ordered a dish many times in your Manchild life, learn to say it! Come one!

If you haven't been check out:
http://www.tuttopizza.org/ and http://www.tuttopasta.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment